**RESOLVED** issue: effects search typing can autoselect erroneously

Thanks for the excellent software. I am thoroughly enjoying using WaveLab Pro 9.0.35.

One issue which I find very irritating: When right-clicking to select an effect, it is very easy to leave the mouse cursor over some part of the plugins menu (Recently Used, Favorites, the plugins list). Because the submenu generates quick-selection keys, if I am just trying to type a search but happen to hit a key that is included as a quick-selection key, I inadvertently select (and launch) a plugin I wasn’t hoping to launch. This makes using the search effectively unreliable and tedious.

The obvious workaround is to open the effect search box and then move the cursor away, to the left, but this is also tedious.

Could this issue be fixed this way?:
Whenever a user commences a search in the effect search box, any rolled-over submenus in the effects menu close automatically, and any quick-selection keys become deactivated. This way, the search can be completed with no chance for erroneous selections.

Possibility?

Could this issue be fixed this way?:
Whenever a user commences a search in the effect search box, any rolled-over submenus in the effects menu close automatically, and any quick-selection keys become deactivated. This way, the search can be completed with no chance for erroneous selections.

That could seem be the best way, but the problem is, given a pressed key, to know if the user wants to search some text or trigger a quick-selection.

Philippe

Philippe, thanks for your swift reply.

I see what you mean. I would then propose an option for users to be able to deactivate the quick-selection feature for plugins. I almost never use the quick-selection keys in that context, and all they do is cause me to inadvertently load a plugin when I accidentally leave the mouse in the menu area.

Does that seem like a reasonable solution?

I may not have the correct picture in mind, since I never use the effects search box, but wouldn’t it work to have the actual search box disable the quick-selection as soon as it is clicked and a cursor appears?

Actually, I think the search box is far more used than the quick-selection feature. Therefore, I should maybe rather remove the quick-selection feature for this menu.

Philippe, I just wanted to note that the effect search box functionality is really working nicely at this time.

Thank you!