Restart Cubase to Initialize Midi Keyboard?

Hey,

Say I’m already in Cubase, recording etc. I want to start using my keyboard (M-Audio Oxygen 61), but the keyboard isn’t turned on. I turn it on, but Cubase can’t read/see it…?

Do I have to close and restart Cubase with the keyboard on or is there another way?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
SJB

You did not specify if the keyboard was plugged in before starting Cubase. It will not recognize the keyboard on a PC if it was not plugged in before starting Cubase unless you shut down and restart Cubase. It will work on a Mac.

If it was plugged in before starting Cubase it might work without shutting down and restarting Cubase… Try the procedure I list in my next post.

Seriously a PIA

Please show support for my issue report

Regards. :sunglasses:

Also…
You should know that if your keyboard was plugged in before starting Cubase and for some reason the USB cable was disconnected while using Cubase there is a way to get Cubase to detect the previously connected device without having to shut down and restart Cubase.

See my post somewhere on page 5 of this thread for the convoluted procedure. :slight_smile:

Regards. :sunglasses:

Just tried this…

My USB midi keyboard was plugged in before starting CB but it was turned off until after I opened a project. I then turned on my keyboard while in the project and CB recognized it with no problem.

So, one of my responses is correct…

1 - Keyboard not plugged in prior to starting CB: You need to shut down CB, plug in the keyboard and restart CB (PC only).
2 - Keyboard either on or off and plugged in prior to starting CB: The keyboard should work after you turn it on.
3 - Same as 2 but the USB cable somehow got disconnected after CB was started. Follow the convoluted procedure.

Please let us know if your keyboard was plugged in or not. Thanks.