RestoreRig Crashing Issue

I’m afraid you could be right and it’ time for a new computer. But it’s still strange, this is the only big issue I experience with my PC.

I am having the same problem, recently upgraded to WaveLab Elements 10 hoping to solve it, but without success.
No sound and this on spectrascope (see attachment).
It’s annoying and frustrating. And - more important - it’s not working. But the money I paid was.

1 Like

Just saw your post, Im still having the same problem. I do use AMD CPU as an earlier post suggests. What I did is just load it on a laptop and share the file from cubase that way. I have too much invested in upgrades to this old AMD computer and, its the only thing that doesnt work. Unfortunate, but I can deal with the work around. Good Luck!!

I think you are right. It would have been nice for Steinberg to suggest this years ago when I inquired on many a post!! Take care!

Same problem here (and yes I have an amd cpu that’s 10 years old). Also that same computer won’t be able to have windows 11, so I assume it’s related. Loaded wavelab onto a newer computer (which will have windows 11) and so far it all works perfectly!

Any chance that can be “fixed”?

Also if one was to swap the cpu for an equivalent intel processor. Would that sort it out?

I have a computer that’s 10 years old… so I’m assuming I won’t be able to install a cpu with “the new instruction set”… not that I have a clue what that means…

No, sorry, support for old CPUs would mean reducing the performances for 99% of users (that use recent CPUs).

If I was to swap for an equivalent intel processor would that stop the crashes? Is it just the old amd cpus that this issue is happening?

This is a guess with a high priority, not a 100% certainty.

Ok. Thanks.