Retrigering notes(samples) with LFO. Modulating loop start

Hi guys. This is a 2 in 1

So, first question: is it somehow possible to retrigger a sample (while you’re keeping that note pressed) using an LFO or a Step Modulator? I don’t want the LFO to retrigger the envelope, I need it to retrigger the sample.

And the second one: is it possible to modulate the sample’s loop start and end position with an LFO?

And here’s why I need these things: let’s say I hold a chord or a note for a long period of time; I want to get that sample(s) retrigger again and again at a certain rate dictated by the LFO’s rate. Also, I want another LFO or StepMod to continuously change the loop range of the sample (the start and end of the loop range).

Tnx

Retrigger while the first one is still playing? - use another slot?

#2 dunno, too lazy to look now… Might check it out sometime…

Many of us here have asked for more control over the sample player within the HALion engine. I am not sure that Steinberg has elected it enough to put them into the plans for the future, so it would be nice to get some acknowledgement from them, either way. I am sure they have internal plans themselves, I just meant the whines and wishes from peons like myself. :slight_smile:

I agree with being able to manipulate the loop points would be slick. Same thing with the crossfades, curve and tuning. Playback choice of Back & Forth, synchronized stepping computer (i.e. for the sample position), etc. would be cool.

Another things I’ve been wanting is a sample position hold while not playing, so that the sample position plays the loop as long as you play a key, when you stop playing it holds, and when you play the key again it continues from where it stopped last (attack and release would influence, of course). There is a great example of how this can be used in one of Jean Michel Jarre’s tracks (cannot recall which one at the moment, but there is a phrase in it that sounds like the Swedish sentence “jag vill ha en k-pist”) on the album Zoolook.

Thanks for your reply, Elektrobolt!
I really hope Steinberg will do something about this.