Retrologue 2 - what setting controls velocity-to-volume?

I was playing around with Retrologue 2 and I noticed that in a large percentage of the presets (maybe half?) there was no apparent relationship between velocity and either the loudness (volume) or timbre of the output. This was my test case . . .

… in many of the presets all four of these notes sound the same.

What setting(s) in Retrologue 2 controls that?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the velocity slider in amp section?
r2 amp

Yes; that didn’t seem to make any difference in the presets where the Velocity had no effect on the volume or timbre.

BTW, what is the point of just having a picture of an ADSR curve? On normal synths the ADSR curve actually changes to reflect the actual user-settings. When I first started using Retrologue I thought something was broken because I kept adjusting stuff and the curve stayed the same!

Same problem here. I’ve never used R2 much in the past but now finding some nice presets. The vast majority seem completely unusable as the velocity is fixed. Even changing in the midi editor to velocity of 1 has the exact same effect as velcity 100. However crank the velocity slider up to 100 % and it does indeed effect the velocity. I have not found the timbre to change but mainly using for bass.

That doesn’t sound very retro. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you give an example? Which preset does the “VEL” slider have no effect on?

The reason might be that the velocity is controlled through the sequencer part of the preset when the arp is activated:
grafik

1 Like

Hi, pethaps i should have removed that comment. I was writing post while fiddling with the plugin. I did find that the velocity slider woted as mention at end of post :grinning: