Retrologue crashing on opening/elicensing

Hi guys - I finally managed to get my Cubase 5 up and running (thanks for all the help!) but, in a song I had initially created in a trial of V6 whilst waiting to get running on V5, I now cannot open it in V5 as the elicenser tells me there is no valid license for Retrologue. That may wel be the case - I don’t know if was part of the Cubase 5 bundle or not.

1. If I cancel the loading of the song - Cubase crashes.

2. If I click ‘retry’ Cubase crashes.

So - what to do?

If Retrolgue is indeed part of the 5 bundle, how do I let the usb/elicenser know about. I ask because it has ran before - although perhaps as part of the time when the V6 trial was running side by side with V5.

If not - how do I remove Retrolgue to allow the song to reload and enable me to replace it’s patch with something suitable?

TIA for any help!

Projects made in Cubase are rarely backwards compatible. You are fortunate that Cubase 5 will even open a project made in C6. Your only option would be to upgrade to Cubase 6, since most of the unique VSTi’s in your trials (Retrologue, HALion Sonic SE, etc.) have license restrictions when you try to insert them in your other DAW. If you don’t want to upgrade at this point, I would delete Retrologue, export the MIDI part, and use a similar synth like a Prologue sound.

[quote="Bane"I would delete Retrologue, export the MIDI part, and use a similar synth like a Prologue sound.[/quote]
Worked a charm :smiley:

Thank you!