- New session
- Create MIDI Track; set MIDI output to a port on the machine that takes input and output AND is a port with “All MIDI IN” enabled. Set output to a channel other than 1
- Set MIDI Input for the port to an external controller
- Input MIDI
- capture the MIDI buffer as a recording (SHIFT + numkey * is the default shortcut)
- look in the List Editor for the captured MIDI
- Duplicate events have been recorded–the original buffer plus the events on a channel other than 1
is (7) expected? can anyone reproduce?
I would expect Retrospective Record to print only MIDI from the device specified for MIDI input on the track.
I was able to reproduce using a MIDI Over LAN loopback port AND the virtual MIDI I/O of an RME Fireface UCX