Retrospective Recording - Cubase 12 Pro

Does anyone else experience the notes all being jumbled when inserting a Retrospective Recording? It looks like the notes are being recorded on top of another recording?
(BTW: this also happens after I clear the RR buffer).

Not here, at least : using the Transport > MIDI Retrospective Recording > Insert from all MIDI inputs commands, i get a MIDI part in which both the notes timing and velocities are accurately rendered.

What is the value of your Preferences > Record > MIDI > MIDI Retrospective Record Buffer Size in Events setting ? I have set it at 10000 : no issue when I use RR with it.

@cubic13 thanks, but yeah, my setup is the same…buffer size set to 10000.
Velocities and note lengths are in there and accurate etc. …its just that the first 30 seconds seems to be recorded on top of an earlier recording - even after I clear the buffers.
Wonder if there was a hack where I could ‘separate’ the two recordings…

And what does it give you when you activate the Show lanes button in the track header ? Here, I always get two different lanes, if there was a previous MIDI part in the involved track : one with this part, and another with the RR render…

EDIT : Welcome, by the way… :slightly_smiling_face:

@cubic13 - Thanks for the welcome! I’ve been a Cubase user since the COmmodore 64 days, LOL, and very rarely use the forum, but tech support has been a bit flaky recently so here I am…

I tried the Lanes idea but nope, still get one big slab of jumbled up midi.
Just about to try increasing the buffer size beyond 10000…

Nope - increasing the buffer didn’t work either.
RR is a great feature, but I cant really use it at the moment due to the absolute mayhem it produces… Shame, not sure what I’m doing wrong here…

Do you have your track set to receive only a single MIDI channel? I would try that if not. I’ve had noisy Mod Wheels and an odd sticky key or pot sending random notes before.

Additionaly to what @SF_Green has suggested, could you also post a screenshot of an involved MIDI/instrument track showing an RR rendering with Show Lanes active ?

Hi cubic13, I’m just in the middle of a mixing project, but will get back and post the screenshot shortly. Thanks for your help.