Return to Start Position on Stop

A couple things about this function.

Firstly, I like to toggle this on and off depending on what I am doing. It is a paint o have to go into preferences every time to toggle this feature on and off. Other DAWs like DP, have a nice little button you can turn off right on their top bar.

Secondly, I have a keycommand for “play selection range.” It would be nice if when you “play selection range” that on stop, the cursor would return to the beginning of the range; instead as it is now, it returns to the last position you hit play. I am not positive and have uninstalled C5, but I think i recall the cursor moving back to the beginning of the range when you you have “return to start position on stop.” Bug?

You can easily configure a shortcut key to toggle that feature (return to start position on stop). I have it configured under the shortcut CTRL+BACKSPACE. It’s found on the Key Commands page under Preferences submenu.

Also I have this option “Return to start position” configured under a key Å. It doesn’t automatically return the cursor if you don’t have that “Return… …on stop” enabled but returns the cursor to the position that you last started playback from, when you press the key.

Couple of years ago it took me some time to actually find that from the Key-commands menu, but it is there. So if you have uninstalled Cubase, then this is not a good reason to do it :slight_smile:

Nope Cursor returns to last position where you hit play in C5.

I just hit the “0” button on the numeric keyboard when I want to return to last start position.

That doesn’t fit into my workflow. I need to be able to turn it off and on in a flash, hitting another key will slow me down, I am working with huge sampling sessions.

You can easily configure a shortcut key to toggle that feature (return to start position on stop). I have it configured under the shortcut CTRL+BACKSPACE. It’s found on the Key Commands page under Preferences submenu.

This however is a good workaround to not having a button on the top bar for this. Cheers for pointing it out. Will do that.

And for the play selection range, just hit the same key command again and it will start from selection start.
Default = alt+spacebar (on mac I guess option+spacebar)

Not sure what you mean by this. When I play selection range, it does just that, no matter how many times I hit it. If I have my cursor on bar 4 say, hit play (with return to start position on stop enabled) and then I stop playabck. Click an audio byte on bar 16 and ‘play selection range’ and then stop playback, the cursor returns to bar 4 not 16.

I want the cursor in the above example to return to bar 16, not 4.

Just made a macro:

Locate Selection
Start
Stop
Play Selection Range