reverb impulse responce not found

I have never use the guitar amp mode in Cubase8 but this time I needed to and received and error about "reverb impulse response ". I searched the forum for a response to this question. If I have missed it can someone point me in the right direction.

update; I cannot use Reverence or the VST amp rack without getting an Impulse error. Reverence is looking for a Reverb impulse file (plugin name). wav and the amp rack is stating “Cannot locate Reverb Impulse Response File”.

Hi FaronJames,

please have a look on either one of these locations:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound
C:\Users<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

if you find these files:
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_02.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound

If not, then you should reinstall Cubase. If yes, then you can just re-scan the MediaBay, or manually locate the files when the error message appears.

Hope this helps!

I finally figured it out. When I upgraded I got the Cubase Pro 8 update from the Steinberg web site. I reinstalled that update from December 5th 2014 and did all the service upgrades. I ran the program and still no reverb impulse or the wav files I needed. I went back to the downloads on Steinberg and saw that the file size for the Cubase upgrade and the full package was significantly different in size. The upgrade was 5.41GB and the full download was 12.2GB which told me that there was something wrong with this picture. I installed the full download and everything installed properly.

I’m having the same issue. I updated to 8.5 from Pro 8 . Error reads “cannot locate reverb impulse response file”. Now what do I do?

Hi all

I had this issue when I upgraded to 8 when it first came out, even had Luis Dongo doing a remote session to try and solve It. Eventually fixed it by doing maintainence on the eLicencer, it’s at least worth a try.

Best Regards

Dave

This problem still exists with a new full install of Elements 10.0.10 on Windows 10. Any other suggestions.

Thanks,

B