Reverence freezing Cubase

Hi all,

I’m on Cubase 6.5.1 32bit, HALion 4.5 with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

I noticed a problem the other evening when trying to add Reverence as an insert either in Cubase or in the Mixer of HALion 4.

In HALion4, the standard Reverb will open and I can see the GUI, but Reverence is not available.
In Cubase I’m getting a complete system freeze when adding Reverence. (It used to work!!).
I can’t seem to add any Insert effect at all in the Outbus Bus. The EQ shows up, but no Inserts are available. On clicking Reverence, Cubase freezes.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Regards,

Neil.

Make a backup of your preferences folder and delete it…otherwise known as moving it perhaps. See if that helps. It’s sort of a shortcut to a fresh install of Cubase, as Cubase will recreate all those files upon startup, and rescan all plug-ins. After that you can try moving old preference files back in one at a time to regain some of your custom settings. It’s good to know what the function of some of these files is as well.

This is called “trashing preferences”. Use the search here for more info.

Hope this helps.

Hi Fizbin,

Thanks for the reply.
I’ve never had an issue like this before, so “Trashing Preferences” is new. All I’ve done is to create a new “Preference” (File > Preferences is the folder I’m assuming you meant??!! right?)

So, I created a new Preference, and changed a few items. The deleted the original one.

Re-booted. Started Cubase, and things improved - yes. The three Cubase Reverbs show up and work. But when I start the cpr track I was working with, something is corrupted. Trying to insert Reverence is still not working unfortunately.
Hope this is what you were meaning for me to do?

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Neil.