REVerence vs some others --> Warm, encompassing

We auditioned REVerence against QL Spaces, UAD EMT140 and Ozone (which we used on our CD).

We tried out all on plate with 2s reverb time for starters. REVerence sounded warmer, more encompassing, though Spaces and the EMT140 weren’t bad. Ozone wasn’t too bad.

With a small room:

• REVerence again sounded warmer
  • Spaces was a bit clinical
  • EMT140 not applicable
  • Ozone ‘Room’ was not anywhere near as good.

With many of the other presets, REVerence won us.

We will now use REVerence as the primary reverb, but may get Spaces as it has some useful impulses among its more exotic - caves, forest, etc - though we would prefer it if some were supplied with REVerence.

[quote="Patanjali"hbut may get Spaces as it has some useful impulses among its more exotic - caves, forest, etc - though we would prefer it if some were supplied with REVerence.[/quote]

Aloha P,
I know you can buy 3rd party IRs for use with Reverence;
which now makes me wonder if Rev can load and use the Spaces IRs?

BTW
Thanks for all testing and the report.
{‘-’}

That’s very encouraging!Did you only use the included presets in REVerence?
I also have the UAD plates and i feel more comfortable using them instead (as well as not taxing cpu and ram space)

curteye,

Spaces has its own format. Well, at least files have an .eird extension.

S4410,

Yes, we only used the included presets. Limited time and several to test.
Any of the plates would work, but REVerence still sounded warmer.

We also wanted to test the TSAR-1, but while it is a VST3 plugin, it is only 32bit and it did not take to the VSTBridge, with its GUI not drawing properly. Thinking back, we could have just used the generic GUI. May try it next weekend.