'Rhythm Changes' (Seaman/Standard)

it looks cheaply made to me but i dont care,i think its quite funny at times when you can clearly see bad editing from one scene to the next but it just adds to the charm,but he does get his point across. as johnny dep said in the film ed wood ,it`s the big picture what counts.

Oh it’s complete budget productions !!

There is a book of the video which you can get on Amazon and ebay. i might check it out.

i prefer the dvd , the mike senior book Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio is a great read once it gets going ,after hes told you how to kit out your studio ,which i didnt do anyway.

Thanks man,

Is it quite a long book in terms of the amount of pages ?? Or is it more of a handy book which just brushes on each topic ??

After watching the Dave Gibson video i have a much clearer view of what it is that i need to learn :slight_smile:

mike senior goes into depth on each subject but i suppose the most important thing he stresses is reference tracks. while you are creating your mix , have reference tracks of pro recordings in the same style as the music or instrument sounds you are trying to reproduce loaded in your project , and giving your ears a break from hearing the same thing you are creating too much ,cause your ears become blind and will eventually make anything sounding crap sound acceptable ,so you have to give your ears a reality check all the time .there s more stuff as well ,all good stuff. david gibsons main theme seems to be… the acceptable or expected volume levels of instuments in different styles of music .

Thanks Firestamper, thats great :mrgreen:

check this out http://www.digido.com/media/honor-roll.html

Cheers, but i could not make head or tail what it is about !! ?? :confused:

i just watched this 50 Cent prod video which is quite interesting :-

Nice playing. I know that Nord patch! :laughing: I agree the bass is a bit too loud

Awesome man. Love the feedback, however critical !! :smiley:

Yep, bass needs toning down. The problem is that i am mixing on headphones. i am looking to buy some flat response speakers and get some tuition. Can’t do much more else that that !! lol