Rhythms filter?

Greetings,

I know it isn’t possible filter fingerings, beams, articulations, or tremolos, as they are considered part of the notes to which they apply. I haven’t found anything about whether or not it’s possible to filter rhythms though.

If not, I’d love to make it a feature request. Being able to filter, then copy and paste rhythms onto an existing series of notes or chords would be terrific.

Thanks much, as always,

Joshua Stamper
www.joshuastamper.com

2 Likes

This kind of thing is on our list of possible future features, Joshua. Thanks for taking the time to make your request.

2 Likes

Wonderful to hear it.

Thanks as always, Daniel,

Josh
www.joshuastamper.com

1 Like

I’d like to add I’d love such a function as well. Whether by rhythmic duration, or rhythmic position (like, every note starting on the 2nd 8th of a bar), would be amazing!
I just had a situation where I wanted to add accents on the second beat for quite a few bars, and it would have been amazing to just filter for that beat and apply the accent.
Similarly, taking a set of whole notes and chopping them to a particular rhythm by pasting the rhythmic pattern would be incredible!

1 Like

Select the 1st bar (with its articulations). Copy. Select the remainder of the passage. Paste Special> Paste articulations.
Job done.

Edit: this also works for slurs

2 Likes

Oh! Neat. Thanks! Funny how you can start thinking the approach would be one way (filter for the relevant notes to apply to) and miss out on a completely separate function that’ll do the trick!

1 Like