Right Button menu is gone?

That’s not true. There are lots of commands that can be used in the current context which are not there e.g. audio statistics, convert split mono → stereo etc…

It’s a poor change and is bad for workflow.

Well I mentioned the one I probably use the most in my post above - “split loop” which is applicable to both audio and MIDI parts, and is gone. I’m not in front of Cubase atm, but I’m sure I’ll be able to add half a dozen when I load it up later tonight.

As twelvetwelve above me has mentioned, stuff such as statistics, convert mono/stereo etc are no longer present either.

As we can see from this thread, this can literally either not affect you at all, or require pointless muscle memory retraining, and it really depends on how you have your personal Cubase environment set up (for example, I have the context menu on right click, because I never use the toolbar from there, preferring to use keyboard shortcuts).

It seems that you’ve been lucky, in that the functions that you personally use in your workflow haven’t been axed, unfortunately for many of us that isn’t the case, and I’d genuinely ask you to compare the context menus of 10 to 9.5 to understand the extent of the change (or problem, depending on your workflow).

Bring. Back. Please.

give us customizeable right-click menus…

You’re right, split loop is missing and made sense for all tracks. I couldn’t see the statistic function in the old context menu and convert mono/stereo is a new function in version 10, which can also make sense in the context menu (sensitive: convert to mono if you click on a stereo event and vice versa for a mono event).
So the best way would be to have a customizeable context menu, like oskar Goldman mentioned.

This is a major workflow killer! Bring it back please!

Also, these new context menus only work when selecting the events within the main project window. Once you’re in the sample editor you have no choice but to process the changes using a normal menu, not ideal if you want to quickly select part of audio file and insert silence for example.

yes, i agree! i was kinda shocked when i found out that it is gone and i have no chance to bring it back via preferences or
such… even if it’s more contextual now, it still should have ALL the audio options (like advanced etc.) when right-clicking an
audio part. the new menu is way too reduced. in this case to go all the way up to the audio menu in the upper bar is indeed
a workflow killer, although cubase 10 was promoted to have much more improved workflow:

“Contextual menus … have been streamlined to improve workflow and user experience.”

i even can’t figure out what could be the advance of the new menu concerning improved workflow… :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway, this or that way, at least for the people who are used to this for ages and who have implemented it deeply in their
daily actions it should be selectable to get back the ENTIRE right-click-menu as it was before!

and this definitely doesn’t interfere in any way with the thought of an improved workflow i’d say! :wink:

Especially if you’re working on a 49" 4k screen (which is my primary display) - that audio menu is a LONG way away, and it gets extremely annoying very quickly to keep having to drag the mouse up there, to do stuff that has been under the right click for years.

+1

It makes no sense whatsoever, and we need an update ASAP to at least have the option of bringing back functionality that many of us rely on every single day, that has been moved/removed for no good reason other than for someone in marketing to go “Oh, look, we changed the menus around, that’s gotta be a good thing!”

+1

It’s almost as though whoever approved this change never actually uses the software…

Case sensetive is a good thing, but make it customizlble
Horizontal Arrangement of the tools is horrible.
With CNTRL+Rightclick it’s impossbile for me to choose the arrow from the tool box,at least on the laptop with touchpad.

I have to agree. Not a smooth move, Steinberg!
Too much too soon is just gone now if you ask me.

Having been a Beta Tester, what is clear to me is that SB has far too small a sample size when testing product features. They really have no idea how hurtful these changes are so when they do these sorts of things it comes off as rank arrogance. That I can forgive. But what BUGS THE CRAP OUT OF ME is that they never back down. They never go… oops, sorry, we got it wrong… and reverse course… which is the sign of listening to customers.

This is something that wasn’t on anyone’s major todo list. Yes, it COULD have been cleaner. (I’ve wanted it cleaned up myself!). But I’ve already seen two dozen complaints and that should be enough right there to give SB some idea that something ain’t right.

The -way- it was implemented clearly shows that it wasn’t tested against a large enough group of users. And that goes for the whole feature set–which if you look at it from a distance had a clear bias for a certain -type- of user, rather than attending to the needs of a broad cross-section of users.

They have completely butchered the contextual menu. This has crippled my workflow and I cannot function without being able to at least customise it.
How do they know what is not used and what is more used…this is an individual and personal way of working, every other click for me was in the contextual menu and was fast and reliable…Now, it’s completely useless to me. Along with all the other issues of disappearing gui problems, missing checkboxes, tacky fonts and colouring issues, this upgrade is anything but that …it is a DOWNGRADE and going backwards.
Thankfully 9.5 still functions on my system and have gone back to that. 10 is a nightmare and will need a long time to be fixed…don’t hold your breath.

It is a step in the right direction, but agree they went overboard with the cleanup.
Oh well time to set up a few keyboard shortcuts and getting used to using the top menu again.
The benefit from all the improvements in C10 clearly outweighs the inconvenience of the missing context menu options, IMHO
Hopefully it will be adjusted in a future update.

The right click menu is a dealbreaker. I paid for the update on the first date as I liked the advertised features. But I tried using it for 1 mix and it slowed me down.

Can I suggested a cusotmised or AI learned (most frequent tasks) on the right click menu … and/or a text search on the right click on the top option.
I found the text search on insert plugin the single greatest workflow enhancer of Cubase for me personally. It increased my mixing output massively by not searching down menus for the same plugin

I find it hard to believe that none of the people in this thread have figured out over the years that software upgrades (for all software, not just Cubase.) are not for the old users. Software upgrades are for the new users, that ones with full version money. Have you really not figured this out yet?

Correct me if I’m wrong… but everything in that menu was assignable to a hotkey wasn’t it? If so, I don’t understand everyone complaining about this being a workflow killer… a bit of irony there.

As I said in another thread, I tended to avoid the right click menu at all costs because there was too much in there. Any time I needed to find something, it’s quicker to open up the shortcut keys editor menu and search for what I was looking for tool or function wise. If I was hiring someone to do work for me and I saw them open up the right click menu and take longer than what a keystroke would take where a shortcut key could have been used… they wouldn’t be getting hired again…

I must admit, that I’ve found some missing functions, which I was used to. For example creating midi notes from chords. So I had to set up some more key commands.

As I mentioned in another thread, I think the changes to the right-click contextual menu are a GOOD thing, and in line with more modern UI design paradigms. Cubase has developed a reputation for being bloated and overly complex and inaccessible. This is IMO part of Steinberg’s effort to streamline. So I’m grateful Steinberg did it, and understand their attempt at modernization, otherwise Cubase will continue to become a bloated, seemingly arcane, labyrinthine tool. HOWEVER, I also 100% understand that it has disrupted some people’s workflow, and I also totally agree with requests providing either a preference to bring back the comprehensive menus, OR even better, provide a customization feature so we can build out our own menus, etc… best of both worlds.

In any case, I just want to express that I totally get the frustration by those people who have adopted the old menus as part of their workflow, but I understand why Steinberg did it. I hope Steinberg is listening because I think it will benefit everyone if they give a customization option.

Cheers.