Right-Click menu options missing

+100

The right click menu has been with cubase since the early 90’s and has become an integral part of my workflow for all of these years. Who was the bright spark who decided all of a sudden we didn’t need it? Bring it back NOW!!!

The decision was the equivalent of saying let’s remove the smart cursor tool in ProTools

“Learn to drive thru new pot holes”
perfect description of cubase users with cubase10

I agree 100%! These menu options missing from right click (especially quantize midi length and ends) have completely screwed up my work flow. I have to continue using 9.5 until the menu options are back, I can’t work without them.

Although I’m heavily on for fixing the right click menu I have found that if you setup something like control Q key command for quantise lengths/ends it will be much faster when your Edith f midi than right clicking and looking for the function each time

But there were a huge lot of other right-click options. To find and set up a key for every one of those - and remember them all - isn’t tenable IMHO.

I’m all for key commands as short cuts, but a right click is a pretty swift second choice.

1. Most the people that use Cubase won’t be professionals
  2. I don’t use many key commands and I’m a professional but most things can be done on my control surface but when I am outside of the studio on my laptop, I right click on things and I’m super fast with the mouse or the touch screen on the laptop so I disagree here.

I’ve worked in many studios and every engineer I have worked with or seen work has a different workflow or way of doing things to someone else so I just think that people should have options. The option to re-enable something in the settings menu that was disabled in an update for whatever reason would be a good idea to keep people happy.

I’m not a programmer but I would think that a ‘right click menu manager’ would be a lot easier to implement than the fancy VST Plugin Manager that we have.

I have not looked at the right click menu myself as I’m still working in 9.5 until the bugs are ironed out in C10 but I know that I always use Velocity, Transpose, Quantize and sometimes Quantize Note Ends on right click.

I have found peace at last…moved back to 9.5…AHHHHHH lovely right click menu and other goodies that have been butchered in version 10…

I vote for MONEY BACK until you have sorted out this awful mess you have created for your loyal users.

Once all sorted, then I am totally happy to pay or something that will benefit me instead of kill my workflow and lose business.

Let’s make a poll peeps…(those who are totally happy with version 10 and have no issues need not reply nor take part)
as for the rest of us…well…I feel cheated, how about you?

Why not provide some customisation options for what you want on the right click menu?

My guess is going that would be more work than restoring the old “power user” right-click “goodies” menu.

Who decided how the majority does? Who conducted the polls? Do not dare to speak on behalf of the majority

bravo, cowardly !!! did not find the courage to answer in essence … covered up with offtopic

Hi,

I would say the Product Owners of Cubase, whose responsibility is to decide what to do, and how to do. This is the way, how is any software written.

The right click menu was one of the most useful features. I called it the “power user” “goodies” menu and, while the functions are now dispersed to other places, the right click menu was fine as it was. It didn’t need “cleaning up” and there was no user polling about it. IMHO, this was an error on Steinberg’s part.

The Mouse is a fantastic device, superior to key commands in many ways. I prefer the mouse and my own control surface’s assigned functions to key commands.

Please restore the “power user” goodies menu to the right click. The right-click provided a more efficient workflow than the same commands now dispersed over other menus. Users should have been polled on this before it was done. At the very lease, please put “chords to midi” back on the right click menu. Now, the only one there is “create chord symbols” – I loved having all the Chord functions under right click. :frowning:

This Option is Important to me when editing and especially cleaning up tracks on the go, I called “Tech Support” and they did’t even know it was missing, don’t know who the dude is on firing people for using right click, it’s been there since VST, so my only thought is the vast majority are not recording audio, what bubble wrapped user complained about this, I am waiting for an answer from “Tech Support” Canada, Stienberg was supposed to be notified, he said the same thing create a key command, why should I have to when it was already there. I have never had a problem with an upgrade till CBPro/10, I think this is a beta version, because the right click is in the Pool but you can’t access it on the track, it only plays it :blush:

I think some are now in the Inspector panel (left zone) when you are in the piano roll

All of the commands are around somewhere, but not as convenient/quick to access.

I am an acoustic guitar player. With a guitar in my hand it is difficult to use both hands on the keyboard sometimes. I used to be able to do most things with just the mouse. Not anymore. Cubase 10 sucks for me. Going back to 9.5. If you like 10, good for you have at it. Cubase 10 has lost a creative edge for me.

THIS IS A JOKE!!!
Are you serious???

Going back to 9.5 until this is fixed. Where to I email for a refund?
I have the option to right click for tools or to have a tiny little menu with no tools?
I have to move my mouse up or use my keyboard to change tools? This when doing quick editing over doubles the time needed.

I don’t know who you asked about who was using what but to take the options away without giving us the ability to put them back is beyond foolish.

Put them back, NOW!!!