Right Click Pop Up Bar resizing is broken since 9.5

See the giff, it’s obvious and very clear resizing the right click pop up bar speeds up workflow. This has been broken in Cubase since version 10 came out and needs to be fixed.

(obviously I know events can be colourised all in one, this is to demonstrate how sluggish having one size now is)
right click resize issues 1

(This giff shows how the one sized pop up bar goes off the screen and make editing events on the far right of the screen SUPER ANNOYING in Cubase now)
right click resize issues 2

1 Like

Hi,

This is known and already reported (many times) issue. Thank you.

Hi Martin,

Can you tell us if it’s going to be fixed as I and I’m sure many others are still not convinced to update or just stay with 9.5 or earlier because of the many regressions and omissions like this one?

Many thanks

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t know, if this is going to be fixed.

I don’t think, this is a major issue preventing from an update.

It is for me Martin, I bet if you contacted all your users on previous version they’d say the same about the small regressions like this one.

I’m just being honest, every single time I have pressed the right click button to access the new pop up bar I have shaken my head in annoyance. It clearly as you can see in the giff takes longer to find the desired tool.

Two things and two thing alone still have me using the Cubase 11 trial, the scale functions in the midi editor and supervision for seeing kick drum waveforms. Again just giving honest feedback, everything else I’d happily pass on to keep the faster workflow in 9.5 :man_shrugging:

Hi Martin,

Please don’t take this question as anything other than a simple question from a loyal 20+ year Cubase user.

I just wanted to ask if this has been reported so many times as you said, why no official response on it has been made and why it still hasn’t been put back to give the user the option to resize it to fit their own workflow, like it has been for roughly 20 years or so?

I remember when SX came out the same thing was done, the community made their feelings known and it was changed back in the next update. I just don’t understand why the lesson from this previous occurrence didn’t deter the devs from doing this to us, again :unamused:

Hi,

I don’t know the answer to your questions, sorry. I can’t speak for the people, how make official Steinberg responses and I can’t speak for the people, ho prioritise the tasks in the teams.

Hi Martin,

Is there any update on this issue? I’m staying with 9.5 until this and all the other broken features like the hub issue ,assigning multiple track pictures and all the others issues are resolved and stable.
I bet there’s many others doing the same too which is a real shame :confused:

Hi,

The right-click Toolbox is still not resizable in Cubase 11.0.20.

Hi Martin,

Is this something that’s even on the list to fix as it’s been a staple in cubase for over 15 years and I’m 100% sure users would like the option to choose returned?

Also, I actually came on here to see if there’s any information about Steinberg producing a dedicated video editing app like Vegas or Premier Pro?

Many thanks

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not allowed to talk about any Steinberg’s plans publicly.

OK. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for this and the other things that broke in the latest release.
Can’t see any reason to upgrade until everything I’ve been use to for the last 15+ years is back :crossed_fingers:

So the right click pop up bar resize option is still not back :weary:
I’ve used my C11 demo as I’m staying on 9.5 until all they broke or was removed since V10 is back fully working.

Can someone tell me if these two features are now working in the latest Cubase 11 build?

1. removing projects from the hub
  2. assigning pictures to multiple tracks

Also is there anything else that’s been removed or isn’t working now in cubase 11?

Hi,

Yes, this is working.

No, this is not working.

Thanks for the update Martin, hopefully both the resize and pictures to multiple tracks are fixed in the next update. I know you can’t confirm anything though. Cubase 9.5 until things are back so I can make an uncompromised upgrade without loosing a single feature I constantly use :+1:

I’m giving this an old school +1.
I “voted” for the thread but I’m not sure what that even means.

Slightly off topic, I was going to suggest that users be able to choose the items that appear in the right-click tool box. I’d LOVE to be able to deselect the items I rarely need.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve written in a tempo warp thinking I was grabbing the scrub tool.
Being able to remove a few tools from that toolbox would be nice.
But after the resizing is restored, of course.
Bobby_L_039_Avenir was here first.
:smiley:

1 Like

Guess this is still the same in V12?

Can anyone say if this is now fixed in V12?

It’s still the same in v12. Sorry

:frowning_face:
Thanks for the heads up anyway Geppastro