Right clicking in Battery 3 causes Cubase 6.0.2 to hang!

OK, this one’s been driving me up the wall for a while now… whenever I right-click in the mute/solo button areas in any of the cells in Battery 3 (I’m currently running 3.2.2, but the beta was doing the same thing), Cubase immediately hangs, and I have to kill it with the task manager.

Anybody else experiencing this? Has anyone found a fix?

Thanks!

DrW

Perhaps not much help, this might be related(?): Battery 3.1.1 hangs Cubase randomly - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

That’s a thread this same OP created lol.

DrWashington - can you tell me what I can do to try this hang on my machine? I am also currently using the latest Battery release and haven’t had a single issue with it, and Cubase has never hung on me so far. I have right clicked where you noted but give me a more sure fire action that makes it hang and I’ll test it out.

Rev.

:blush:

OK, after much poking and prodding, I think I finally nailed it. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it seemed to clear it up. Then, it started happening again! Hmm…

Aha! My factory content path in the Battery 3 options was set to a massive sample library. Sure enough, it was just taking forever and a half to scan the directory, and in the meantime was causing everything else to wait for it. Not the best implementation, but I suppose it’s probably a Windows NTFS limitation more than anything else. Putting it back to the original Battery 3 library path seemed to fix it. Shame, I was really enjoying being able to surf those menus through Battery for more kits.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who chimed in! Much appreciated. :smiley:

My first clue should have been the time it takes to open the browser when I first click on the tab… bloody forever.

Does anyone need this many samples? Probably not. Am I going to get rid of some of them? Hell no! :laughing: