ring_db_dump error dialog

Hi …

Why is that topic locked :

Especialy when the moderator asks for an answer !!

Hello,

I’ve never seen this one. But looks like an SQL error.

The only thing I could think of is to move the following files out of the Preferences folder (with Cubase closed, of course):
mediabay3.db
mediaOffline3.db

Start Cubase again. Still happening?

And the answer is : it didn’t change nothing.

:question: I must say that it is a very strange forum, here. Like Steinberg policy, indeed. :question:

The reason the thread was locked is in the last post.

This is a technical question, about an error dialog. so what’s needed is a way to make it happen, or at the least to know when it happens.

Responses that aid in troubleshooting or reproducing it would be great.

Start a separate thread to generally complain about stuff. Post in this thread to help figure it out.

Sorry, Steve, I don’t understand all what you said… English is not my natural language. I didn’t get more the technical reasons to lock the topic : moderation can certainly fix the issue and keep it open but it seems they are not a lot and they don’t have much ressource.
Anyway… I went to check in the locked topic but I didn’t find other answer than :
The only thing I could think of is to move the following files out of the Preferences folder (with Cubase closed, of course):
mediabay3.db
mediaOffline3.db

I don’t find any mediaOffline3.db file and by deleting the other one, the ring_db_dump file still appears in the project folder each time I load cubase.

That’s why I ask again here some advice, that is all.

By opening the ring_db_dump file with bloc-notes, here is what I obtain :

2015-Sep-18 11:55:31.973975 | ============== New start =====================
2015-Sep-18 12:09:33.475764 | ============== New start =====================

And each time I load cubase, there is a new line with the date & hour + a number that appear. I can continue to live with that strange behavior but I also believe this would help cubase developers.

I noticed this ring_db_dump.log file the other day. It seems to contain start time of when I loaded C8 - although it doesn’t look all the times as it has nothing for yesterday and I put a lot of time in yesterday and today it’s only showing one entry when I’ve loaded C8 a few times. Each entry has the text “New start” on it.