Roland FA-06 script for Cubase 12

Hello, I downloaded the script for the Roland FA-06 from the ROLAND website and placed it in the Steinberg/Cubase12/Scripts/Patchnames/Inactive/ Roland folder according to the instructions. The script is in txt format. After starting Cubase and going into “More options” - Midi device manager - install device - Cubase does not see this script at all. Does anyone know how to do it correctly to make it work ? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Tony.

Have a look at this post, it might help.

Hi Prim_69! Thank you for your reply :slight_smile: Some time ago I read this post but did not try the script posted there. Today I saw that on Roland’s website there are ready scripts for their instruments but I have no idea how to implement them correctly in Cubase 12.

My script is better. :slight_smile:

Make sure the path is correct:

I have mine in:

C:\Users\michael.long\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 12_64\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\Michael

As long as it is in “Inactive” it should be fine.

Hi Tony_ST.

I’m not sure when it comes down to .txt files in Cubase 12. I have a script for the Korg Triton Pro, but it’s in HTML format, and loaded fine.

Is there any way to maybe covert it and keep its integrity.?.

Let’s hope someone else someone else can chime in.

Was writing when husker posted.

Good luck.

I’ve heard of HTML files, but never used them. I wrote all mine in .txt I need to research the html at some point.

I really wish there were some more documentation on these, as it seem unnecessarily arcane. :slight_smile:

@Tony_ST.
How did you get on with that file conversion, or did you manage to figure it out with the .txt file?.

@husker.
A quick search, showed that it’s possible to convert .txt to HTML. But does it keep its integrity?.

Hello,
I have a Korg Triton rack. The script I use only lists the program sounds, not combination sounds. Does your script have both?
Thanks!
Chuck

Hi Husker,
I’ve got a ROland FA-08 connected to Cubase, and have downloaded the patch script (.txt) that you have kindly shared.
I’ve copied it into the “inactive” folder.
But, when I go to midi device manager and “install new device” the FA-08 does not appear in the list.
Can you provide any insight to what I’m doing wrong? Is there a way to refresh the list?
I tried “import” device, but that requires an xml file. If you had an opportunity, could you “export” a setup for your FA-08 as a xml file and share it?
Tanks for any help/advice.

I really don’t know why it wouldn’t show up. I put all my scripts in its own folder:

Then I click here and it shows up:

I have never used the .xml, only the patch scripts