Roland Fantom (6, 7, 8) + Cubase Users?

Seeking input from others using Roland Fantom (6, 7, 8) workstations with Cubase (Pro 11). Using the Fantom as a multi-timbral sound source and master keyboard with Cubase. MIDI via USB (although I’ve also tried the DIN ports). I’ve noted very strange behavior with Cubase track solo/mute functions, as well as with the effect the hardware faders on the Fantom have on non-Fantom tracks in Cubase. If you’re a Fantom/Cubase user, let me know and I can offer a more detailed explanation of the issues I’m trying to solve. Thanks!

Hi,

I’m not Fantom user, but you can provide more information.

1 Like

I use the Roland FA-08 as a controller for Cubase 11 pro on a pc. Perhaps I can help. As Martin said what issues are you having?

1 Like

Hi again, and thanks! I will post more details tonite with explanatory photos… stay tuned…
Much appreciated.

So… Interesting… NOT a Fantom issue. I’ve traced this to some kind of routing issue in Cubase… still investigating. My setup includes UAD interfaces and Console, along with a send to an external FX on Cubase’s master channel. It has something to do with that specific setup and routing. Will report back again…

Do You have anything in MIDI Port Setup , In ‘All MIDI Inputs’ that should not be there ?

Hi,

More details about the issue would help. We still have no idea, what the issue is. Hard to help…