Roomworks + Phaser loud noise bug?

Ok, so in the past I’ve been having issues sometimes with the Cubase phaser plugin randomly spiking a channel and making all sorts of weird noises, often where a strange sound will slowly rise and rise in volume until i cut it off…

Also Roomworks lately has sometimes been doing something similar, almost like a ‘robotic’ siren wailing noise will quietly start and then get louder and louder…

What prompted this post was something with Roomworks, I open a project and Boom LOUD noise channel peaking, switch off roomworks and the channel is still peaking but no sound playing…

I’ve had similar incidents with third party VSTs but I don’t see why this should be happening with the stock VSTs? Could other 3rd party effects in the insert chain but causing this?

Anyone else experienced this? Pretty scary, not looking to blow my monitors. :neutral_face:

Cheers.

No one else occasionally getting weird behaviour with plugs?

I’ve had weird sounds coming from PSP McQ and NastyVCS, I just had NastyVCS make a big pop and then the sound cut off.

Given this seems to be happening with plugins from different vendors, could it be a Cubase issue or just my combination? I could believe that, I recently had 1 old VST cutting off sounds from others but when it’s happening with the stock plugins it concerns me more…

Cheers.