Routing all VST plugins vanished in Cubase Pro 8.5.

Routing all VST plugins vanished in Cubase Pro 8.5.
Hi, all my older Cubase versions gave me an option at the start of the installation , to install the program to , OS Drive C , ( win 7 X 64 Bit Now ) , and another option to install all Vst /Vsti,s , Dll,s etc to a separate Hard drive , with a folder I used to name VST Plugins , from then on , all the other Vst , VSTi/s etc would automatically install inside that folder , that Option seems to have vanished for C P 8.5 , it loads all to drive C , in VST Plugin manager , add VST Plugin , seems to have Vanished too , only the midi Plugin are there, and so , I can never open Groove agent 4 , in side C P 8.5 , it opens as a stand alone … would really appreciate a way out , thanks ws

Midi plugins are shown in plugin information. Audio plugs and instruments are in Plugin Manager and this is where you can set the path to your plugs (select the cog icon on the lower left if paths aren’t showing)

thanks , please what is Cog Icon , i cant find it , also , why do i not get the option to route all plugin to another drive folder when installing C P 8.5 first , as it was with all other versions , there are still 2 options but the 1st is for installing in windows programme folders , n the second is in start menus , if i route it to the VST folder in another drive here , all the stock VST plugins still installs on drive OS C . ws

There are only 2 icons at bottom left of plugin manager. One is an i (information) and the other is the cog (settings)

I’m not sure there’s ever an option to install Cubase stock plugs to another location. I haven’t ever noticed one.

Thanks
I shall check the cog setting , i m sure will be there some where ,

I’m not sure there’s ever an option to install Cubase stock plugs to another location. I haven’t ever noticed one,
this i had always done with almost all the Cubase versions , including the Cubase 6.5 which now upgraded to C P 8.5, here is where the option vanished , I just need to install the VST Plugings to another drive , so that it makes it faster , what the use of having another drive if this isnt usable any more , Please some more suggestions on how to Install all VST plugins in another drive , thanks ws

Moving the stock plugs is not likely to make anything faster.

I think maybe you’re confusing content with plugins…there may have been an option to install content to another drive in previous versions.

This seems to be the workaround to move the content if that’s what you want to do.

Hi , setting another location for cubase vst plugins was always there for all previous versions including my cubase 6.5 , till i upgraded to C Pro 8.5 , unless i am over looking some thing or doing some thing wrong if so what ???

Hi all

Grim is right, I have all my plugs on a different drive, just for cleanliness sake, look for the cog :smiley:

Best regards

Dave

Please forgive me , what is Cog ?? can you suggest a link in the Manuel or else where, to that ??
is this option after the installation or before , during the installation , as before i had the options , during the initial installation to route , all VST/i to the folder on my seperate VST Drive, Folder , i named VST Plugins .
completely blank on this one thanks ws

s this option after the installation or before , during the installation

I told you already. It’s in plugin manager next to the i.

Hey thanks , was no way to check , as yet to install C Pro 8.5 Pro again on my cleaned up PC … was waiting to clear this up … apologies n thanks ws