Routing / Auditioning question

hi all,

I am running a synth through the usual VST channel. I have a subgroup group channel where I have a bunch of effects. I Send the audio from the original Synth VST channel into the subgroup. The goal is to be able to hear the original synth sound and then mix it in with the subgroup synth channel where all the fx are.

The problem I have is that I want to be able to hear / solo only the effected subgroup. But if I mute the original synth vst channel, it doesn’t feed audio into the FX group anymore which in turn has no sound.

Is there some setting missing? I want to be able to turn up /down / off either my synth channel and synth fx channel and not have one affect the other’s audio.

certain sections of the track I only want the synth fx channel and certain sections just the synth channel

thanks

d

run the send post fader.

Are you sure :question:

But if I mute the original synth vst channel, it doesn’t feed audio into the FX group anymore which in turn has no sound. Is there some setting missing?

As Sir Dancelot said, run the send PREfader (That´s what he actually means by “post” most of the time :wink: ) and check the appropriate preference to not mute prefader sends.
Or use listen (if available in your used software), which provides PFL / AFL functionality.

:imp: :imp: demmit, doing it AGAIN!!! yes pre fader.

-edit- why not everybody call it just before or after the fader from now on?
So in this case before the fader :smiley:
Then you can lower the volume while the send is still put out.

Thanks Everyone for the Help!!