Routing Editor access in Control Room

Dear Steinberg Developers,

Thank you for your super professional product you make. I LOVE it for many years. To say the truth I wouldn’t be an audio guy without your excellent poduct. But the thing I would like to make better in Cubase has already been added in Nuendo for many years. And both manuals (Cubase and Nuendo) don’t say anything about this difference in both DAWs.

I confronted a problem with changing a routing path in the plugin chain in Cubase Control Room. It works fine in Nuendo: access to the Routing Editor is possible right from the plugin window (see attached files and the video), but in Cubase the routing editor is possible only inside the Channel Edit window. So in order to use Reverance reverb plugin with speaker emulation impulses (IRs) in dual mono mode I have to open the plugin in the mixer,then change the routing and then drop the plugins to the Control Room inserts. In Nuendo the plugin routing editor opens from the plugin’s window - in the right upper corner there’s a tab with a word “stereo” or “mono” - depends on the configuration. But in Cubase the plugin GUI doesn’t have this option. Instead we can change the routing in the channel settings window in the inserts slots. But in the insert slots of the Control Room we don’t have such an option like routing. I need it in order to use plugin Reverence in dual mono mode to make it work with Auratone mono impulses in true stereo mode. So I need to insert two instances of the Reverence in series mode - one after the other and process both stereo channels separately. In Nuendo I can do it easily from the plugin GUI, but in Cubase - I can do it in a long way. In Nuendo the plugin routing editor opens from the plugin’s window - in the right upper corner there’s a tab with a word “stereo” or “mono” - depends on the configuration. But in Cubase the plugin GUI doesn’t have this option. Instead we can change the routing in the channel settings window in the inserts slots. But in the insert slots of the Control Room we don’t have such an option like routing. Can you please add the routing editor to the Cubase Control Room’s inserts slots?