Routing of instruments

Hello - I have purchased Elements having played about with SE. I am presently trialling Note performer rather than adding my exisiting VST instruments.

When I add an instrument in Dorico, say Flute 1 and assign that the VST is Noteperformer, this works ok, in that a new staff is created and in the mixer, I see Flute 1.

I then add a second instrument (bassoon) and again, the staff is created, Noteperformer adds Bassoon as instrument 2, but in the mixer I still only see Flute 1 as the instrument.

If I want to add insert effects just to Bassoon, how would I do that? I can not seem to add a asecond instance of Note performer for a single instrument 9so that I can add inserts etc just for that instrument)

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: I have gone in to endpoint set up and have ticked “number of audio outputs to show in mixer” and turned this up to 10,

Thank you

NotePerformer has its own specific way of doing things.
It will show only one output (Stereo) per instance in Dorico.
The name in the Dorico mixer is then the name of the first instrument in the NotePerformer instance.
It means also that to balance several instruments in NotePerformer one has to use the NotePerformer mixer.

Thank you -

Is there no way to have multiple copies of noteperformer running at the same time? I like the ease of use with noteperformer but wondering if Halion Symphony orchestra would allow me to add multiple instances of the instrument, so I can achieve inserts per instrument? Do you have an experience with Halion Symphony and how this sounds compared to Note performer?

Blockquote
Is there no way to have multiple copies of noteperformer running at the same time?

Sure you can.
How many instances of NotePerformer are used is also a thing that NotePerformer manages on its own.
As soon as you add players and instruments in Dorico, NotePerformer takes automatically care of this and create the necessary instruments and also add as much instances as necessary.

Blockquote
I like the ease of use with noteperformer but wondering if Halion Symphony orchestra would allow me to add multiple instances of the instrument, so I can achieve inserts per instrument?

You can also add several instances of Halion.

Blockquote
Do you have an experience with Halion Symphony and how this sounds compared to Note performer?

I have both and in Dorico I use mostly NotePerformer because of the ease of use.
I use HSO or something else in case an instrument that I need is not in NP.
But I do not use Dorico for any kind of music production.
I use the audio features of Dorico only to acustically check if the notation is right, therefore I have a quite minimal demands about how it sounds :wink:

I have sometimes used HSO for music production within Cubase but never NotePerformer as it does not sound convincing enough for me.

Thank you for your reply - as a new user of Dorico, Im on a very step learning curve (which is fun).

My workflow, as I envisage it, will be as you do, which is to plan out parts to check how they sound together, then import the midi to Cubase and work with my main sample libraries.

Many thanks for your help