Run Cubase Studio 4 on 7.5 license?

Hello,

I am a registered & licensed user of the full Cubase 7.5, with the iLock dongle. Working on a Win7x64 machine. But I need to work in Cubase Studio 4 for a couple of months for a Cubase instruction course I’m taking. I found this on the Steinberg website:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-studio-40-installer-for-mac-os-x-105-leopard-windows-vista/kb_back/2025.html

so I know it’s direct from Steinberg and legitimate.

1. Will this install CS4 on my Win7x64 computer?

2. If it will, is it even allowed by Steinberg? I always want to stay legit - and have read elsewhere that they’re ok with backwards licensing.

3. If yes, will it function with my existing licenser?

4. And can I be confident it won’t mess up anything to do with my C7.5 or the iLock?

Thank you.

1. Will this install CS4 on my Win7x64 computer?

Hard to be sure…it sounds as though you might also need the 4.0 DVD installers…you could try it I guess.
There is also a 4.5 update here Cubase 4 | Steinberg
No guarantee they are going to be compatible with your system as it looks like C4 is unsupported since Vista.

1. If it will, is it even allowed by Steinberg? I always want to stay legit - and have read elsewhere that they’re ok with backwards licensing.

Yes…your licence allows use of all older versions.

1. If yes, will it function with my existing licenser?

Yes

1. And can I be confident it won’t mess up anything to do with my C7.5 or the iLock?

Won’t mess up anything to do with Cubase, it’s a separate installation.
iLok is nothing to do with Cubase?

Thanks for this helpful info. I’ll give it a shot and report back.

Success! Cubase Studio 4 successfully installed. Installed the 64-bit version. I then applied the 4.5 , 64-bit update patch. And it runs just fine with my dongle.

Thanks again.