Rythmic slash voice above staff minus help lines..?

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to make a slash voice at an elevated position (as in the picture), but without the help lines?
All the best!
Skärmavbild 2018-06-07 kl. 10.08.00.png

I believe in the properties panel you can move the position of the slash voice.

Robby

Robby, I believe kjonsson means without the ledger lines. (Still on 1.2, so I can’t investigate this fully).

Ohhhh… I am sorry, I failed to understand the question.

Robby

No worries! Ledger lines, of course! Sorry for the swedefication…! :slight_smile:

At the moment, this isn’t possible, but we’ll have a think about how we might make it possible. Ideally you would be able to show a rhythmic cue using a slash voice, and that would do it, but you might also want the flexibility of showing a regular note in a slash voice without a ledger line.

Thanks Daniel, exactly so! Personally I wouldn’t mind slash voices being totally free from ledger lines altogether, but I’m sure you guys’ll come up with something way more flexible than just that.
Very much enjoying 2.0 by the way!

Can you confirm that this is still the case with 3.5?
I’m looking to do something like this:

It is possible to hide ledger lines via Engrave Mode in Dorico Pro 3.5.12

This particular example could also potentially be achieved with a Rhythmic Cue, which would save you the hassle of manually removing the ledger lines and would remain dynamically linked to the Gtr 4 stave.

Thanks guys, I will give that a try! I wouldn’t have thought to use cues.

BTW, I just looked up hiding ledger lines only to realize that the properties panel contains different options in engrave mode than it does in write mode - that’s good to know!

I just started with with Dorico (still on the 30-day trial version) and am basically working my way down my list features that I need for guitar notation.