Sample Editor and other Visuals Glitching / Not Matching

Hey everyone,
I’m in Cubase 10.5, and have had tons of weird graphical issues since upgrading. As a precursor, it has felt like my GTX 1070 graphics card is dying lately (but who can actually find a new card in 2021?), and I had to have Windows reinstalled several months ago…prior to which, everything always worked perfectly.

Basically, since this upgrade (which I got to try to fix some issues) and rebuilding my preferences from scratch, which took forever and I do not want to do again, my second screen cannot align the mouse with where you click on the Mixer window. Everything is off by 2 or so mm, which makes bypassing a plugin suuuuper annoying.

Recently, I received some tracks from a violinist that needed timing touched up in a few spots, and the sample editor showed everything off by about 1/4-1/2 of a measure. I restarted with preferences disabled, and it worked for that track.

Now, on another song, that trick doesn’t work AND the sample editor also ignores several free warp lines and just moves the data as it pleases totally messing up all the timing.

What can I do? I’ve heard this version of Cubase has all sorts of dumb bugs like that. I’ll upgrade to 11 if it can guarantee to fix it.

Final note, this track has some tempo changes throughout, since it is orchestral.

Thanks,
Nate

My other machine specs are pretty much the top Windows parts from 4-5 years ago and 64 gigs of memory.

Hi,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

Thank you. Unfortunately, that made no difference. Observations are the ridiculous scale and resolution of the screen happened for about a minute upon reboot, but then all of a sudden, all of my displays turned on with proper scaling…after the uninstall. According to an Nvidia forum, it can maybe revert to an old version automatically. Hopefully, that didn’t affect anything.

When I did the new install of the graphics driver only, I also selected clean install.

Could the fluctuation of the tempo track have anything to do with it? In one of the songs, it seems to get off more the further the song goes.

I just tested the file in a fresh project, and the sample editor did match up both what I saw and heard. However, I could not edit it in that project since I just rounded the tempo to a constant 113. It didn’t match with the click since there is movement within a few bpm. Would there be a way to render the file in my project to have the tempo data and import the new file so it knows to line up the sample editor with the timing changes? That seems to be the issue.