Sample Editor Pencil Tool Isn't Working Properly

When zoomed in to remove a click in the sample editor, the node 5 nodes to the right is moving instead of the one I want. I played with some mouse settings, but nothing seems to help. It happens with my Mac mouse and my Microsoft mouse. Suggestions?

-Danny

Same behavior here. It happens since 5.5.3

Cannot see that here,

but generally: the pencil-tool in Nuendo is far away from the smoothness in Pro Tools! It feels much better drawing envelope there, unfortunately it is always destructive…

Maybe a Mac version bug…

I think there is a bug concerning the cursor in 5.5.3. It may be Mac, or it may be my mouse (Logitech with tilting scroll wheel, using the Logitech Control utility)

I often find the crosshairs are offset by small amount (up to 1/2") on the Project page when I’m lining up a cut. When I actually make the cut, it’s made in the right place, under the cursor.

I also often have the wrong cursor icon - an I-beam when it should be an arrow, double-headed arrow doesn’t appear when it should etc.

This never happened with 4.3 with the same hardware. I know there was a major change to the graphics foundation for Mac between the versions, so maybe that’s it?

Thank you for the replies. I guess us Mac users will have to wait for a fix in the next update.

Okay… maybe the next update this will get fixed?? It really needs to be addressed. It’s a drag to have to go to another app to fix something that Nuendo should to do easily.

There is a bug in my system (see +3 posts up) which causes cursor weirdness in the main arr page, intermittently.

I had hoped that 5.5.4 had fixed it, but it hasn’t.

I’m trying to find the exact conditions which provoke it, and see if it’s repeatable, but at this stage I can say it certainly arises after doing a non realtime export. It can also be fixed again after it appears, but the exact sequence to achieve that is hard to pin down.

I’ll post further here if I can find the exact conditions.

David, I only have the problem in the Sample Editor window. The cursor seems to line up fine for me everywhere else. But, if you stumble onto something please let me know. I DO think this was introduced (on the Mac side) with the 5.5.3 update.

-Danny