Sample Track - a missed opportunity (for now)

Now having played with it for a while, i do like it. Of course we have better samplers with more functionality, but the sampler track is super easy to set up and get going with. Great for fast glitch-edits for vocals for example; have the normal vocal track playing on an audio track, chop a slice of it, throw it to sampler, create a crazy glitch / pitch edit to it and continue then with the normal vocal track. I can see lots of use for this one, and i’m sure the functions will improve over time. Good initial implementation in my opinion and i don’t feel that bad about missing so much other stuff in this update :wink:.

Yeah I think there’s a fine line between simple and under-spec’d. Mono legato seems a weird thing to omit given that they included both things on their own, but not together. And it’s pretty standard stuff.

Key tracking filter and formant shifting would be ace. Everything else I guess would be a bonus, and there’s always Halton 5 if you wanna get that deep.

Would have liked to have seen the ability to velocity/mod layer samples, and split the keyboard. This is the kind of the thing that would please a lot of users

Z

Actually you can split the keyboard very easily in Cubase.

Steps to follow:

1. Create a midi track that will work as a master midi track
  2. Create 2 sampler tracks
  3. Using Note Filter of the midi modifiers section of each of the sampler tracks, limit the range in which they play - Sorry guys! I messed up a little. You need to do this on the Master Midi Channel using a MIDI modifiers plugin within each send slot that will be connected with the target channels as described in step 4
  4. In Midi sends section on the master midi track chose to send midi to those sampler tracks.

You can create up to 4 splits this way using the sampler, midi, or instrument tracks, and more if you use midi sends of the midi send channels.

that’s not very elegant - | shall stick with Kotakt - but thanks anyways

Z

yeah i have to echo this. A monophonic function in the sample track would be amazing. especially with legato.

I have to say i love the sampler track - but agree that it would be so easy to make it a multi sampler and that would be so so so much more useful.
Love it as a simple sampler, but that doesn’t mean it can’t have a multi sample function.