Sampler control tab is blank

Hi, I talked with a technician from Steinberg and gave him remote access and he resolved the problem by renaming my Cubase 7, 7.5 and 9 folders which then reset Cubase and returned my sampler control function to all of my projects. Apparently, the issue is the result of different versions of Cubase using some of the same preferences. The only way around this currently is by renaming the program folders. That is the only way to reset the preferences properly. All is resolved now. Thank you so much for your time and efforts. It was appreciated! :smiley:

Hey!

I have the exact same problem as you, and have followed exactly what you did up until this post, even my desktop is organised chaos like yours… :laughing:

Anyway, my question to you is how exactly did you rename the folders to get your sampler back up and running?

I have tried different ways of renaming them but i think i am missing something.

send help :open_mouth:

Thanks,

Yeah the solution is renaming the cubase folders in this path:

“\Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg<program name>\”.

example : “Cubase 10.5_64” to “xCubase 10.5_64”

What caused it imo is me deleting all default vst paths in VST Plug-in Manager and adding my own custom vst path.

Hi,

This will delete all Cubase preferences. So your Cubase will start in factory settings next time.

Hi

I am having the same troubles with my sampler track. I have tried your method to rename the Cubase folders, which did work breifly for a couple of sessions until I started to change my preferences/key commands or scan for VST plugins. Would you happen to know of any fix for this?

Hi,

Could you share you preferences folder (ZIPped), please?

I’m wondering, if it’s reproducible on other system with the preferences.

Heres a copy of my preferences, sorry for the delay! UserPreferences.zip (12.1 KB)

Hi,

Sorry, I couldn’t reproduce it with the file you shared. But actually, I was hoping for the whole preferences folder:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Hi, I am still having the same troubles, I haven’t been able to use the sampler since.

I hope this file allows you to locate the issueUserPreferences.xml (162.9 KB)

Hi,

Again, I was hoping in the whole preferences folder (listed above), not just one XML file. Thank you.

Hi

Sorry for the confusion, I hope this is the right file.

Thanks
Cubase 11_64.zip (1.6 MB)

I am having the same issue as reported by others where my sampler track is blank.
I have identified that the problem lies within:

*C:\Users"USER_NAME"\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64*

More specifically the issue is caused by: Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths Cubase.xml

This confirms the suspicions of limit3r and the behaviour noticed by Odeal as the fault is indeed caused by user added VST filepaths.

I’ve identified the following two objects/filepaths to be the cause of the issue (at least on my machine):

<obj class="FNPath" ID="425367056">
                 <string name="Name" value="Program Files" wide="true"/>
                 <string name="Path" value="D:\" wide="true"/>
                 <int name="Type" value="1"/>
              </obj>
              <obj class="FNPath" ID="425367056">
                 <string name="Path" value="D:" wide="true"/>
                 <int name="Type" value="1"/>
              </obj>

I believe the reason these two paths are causing such behaviour is that my installation of Cubase 10.5 resides in D:\Program Files\Steinberg which is within the folder trees referenced by my faulty entries and is likely causing some sort of recursive behaviour which is preventing the sampler (and likely other elements within Cubase) from being properly loaded.

You will also notice that the second of my reported entries is missing a string name and value entry. I am unsure how this has come to exist as I have never opened any of the .xml files belonging to Cubase before tonight, which rules out user error.

Since deleting these two entries I have gained access to the Cubase 10.5 sampler without losing any of my user defined preferences/data.

I hope this helps out anyone struggling with the same issue and I will report back if the sampler begins to misbehave again.

Cubase Version 10.5.0 Build 68 - Built on Oct 14 2019
Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2
OS Build 19042.1348
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

1 Like