Sampler mapping difficulties

I am getting frustrated with soft samplers at the moment. What I am trying to achieve is something like the Korg Volca or Elektron Digitakt, assigning all the most used controls to a controller. I am having problems getting any of them to map fully though. I am using a Roland JD-XA which is the best controller I have ever used, controlling soft synths with it is a breeze.

TAL Sampler - I had the most success with this but can’t assign sample start and end points to physical controls

Halion 6 - Again I can’t seem to find a way to map physical controls to sample start and end point, also I can’t get the envelopes in Halion to map to the envelope faders on the JD-XA

This led me to Sample track which I dismissed on first use but though I would revisit it, there doesn’t seem to be any option to learn cc at all, you can assign the 8 quick knobs but no more unless I am missing something.

Ideally I would like to have,
Sample start, end and pitch
Filter cutoff, resonance, env depth and drive
Envelope
Filter Envelope
Volume, pan maybe a couple of FX sends

So in total around 15-20 controls I guess.

Anyone having more luck mapping samplers than me like to chip in and give me some advice. At the moment I am seriously considering giving up on soft samplers and getting a Digitakt.