Sampler track crash in cubase 12 pro

cubase 12 pro try to open sampler track then crash.
put sample or playing note was quite ok.
but when I try to open sampler track edit window then crash.
very random but I’ve got crash report file.
plz fix this

3 Likes

Same here

Yes it crashes to many times! and after the crash when you restart the project the whole sample track won’t play the sliced sample…

Hey, could you please send me the crash logs in a private message? We would like to have a look! Thanks!

Cubase 12-2022-04-13-235845.ips (114.6 KB)
one more time…
it seems to be more often than 12.0.0

but I could know somethings wrong with “AGXMetalG13X”
same crash reported with that one

same crash, drag in sample from media bay, cubase 12 closes.

I’ve got a similar problem. Just tried to use sampler track, everytime I try to drag the sample into the window Cubase 12 pro crashes. I’ve still got Cubase 11 pro, so I tried to do the same thing in that (previously I had no problem with it) and it too crashed.
I need it to try something for a competition… really really annoying!

1: Open Cubase
2: Go to ‘‘Studio’’ tab
3: Go to VST Plug-in Manager ( (VST Instuments)
4: Delete all path settings
5: Restart Cubase
:wink:

Finally solve this problem.
From cd11 i’ve got this problem around 1year,
I decided to delete every plist, folder,files which regard to cubase12.
Not even remain any cubase files in library/preference.
And after re-install,
Now not crash anymore

Hi,

After a lot of failures I had my sampler working in Cubase pro 11. In the meanwhile I’ve updated to Cubase pro 12 and the sampler started crashing again. In another topic I’ve read that Cubase 12 has some compatability problems with previous xml files of Cubase Pro 11. Before removing the C:/programfiles/steinberg path I needed to delete all cubase 11 preference xml files. You can find them in C:/users/appdata/roaming/steinberg folder. When you’ve updated from 11 to 12 you can find both folders in here. Just delete the preference xml files in the Cubase 11 folder and make sure you also check the subfolders if there are any preference xml files including the keycommands and profile xml’s. Also delete the vst2 blacklist xml file in here and the vst3 blacklist xml file in the subfolders. Then follow the steps of Richard_Richard’s tutorial Cubase Crashing Video - Create Sampler Track Issue - YouTube
by removing the C:/programfiles/steinberg path and update the path and after that update the vst’s. Restart Cubase and you’re good to go.

Good luck to you who still struggle with this issue.

Greetz Vincenzo

Gosh, it works eventually.
No crash at all after follow your direction
Thx a lot!!

1 Like

I’m also running into this issue frequently. I can use the Sampler Track for a while sometimes, but often it crashes Cubase immediately.

When it doesn’t crash immediately, it does when you close its window and then re-open it.

It has been like this since Cubase 11, on both my Studio PC (Windows 10) and M1 Macbook Pro (currently Monterey). Now I’m only using Cubase 12 Pro on my Mac, and the Sampler Track is still unusable.

Vincenzo has made some great directions on how to fix this on Windows, thank you! But how about for Mac, is there anyone who could help?

In case someone from Steinberg reads this, here’s my latest crash log
Cubase 12-2022-11-30-221006.ips (171.1 KB)

Best,
Lasse

Thank you. I was having same issue. Cubase 12 pro just crashed out to the desktop whenever I tried to create a sampler track. Deleting all plugin paths and restarting cubase fixed it. Although it then took a little bit of effort to find add re-add the paths to some of my vst instruments that I had installed in unusual locations.

I have the same issue. Cubase crashes everytime I am using the “edit instrument” shortcut on a sampler track. It happens to other Cubase users I know as well. Regardless of the OS etc.

My Thread: Cubases Crashes when using short cut to open instrument on sampler track

I don’t use the sampler track. Cubase doesn’t crash as often as it used to… rarely for me now.

Today I tried using the sampler track. After 20 minutes of working with 2 sampler tracks, I got a crash (when opening the edit menu, I think.) Spinning beach ball.

No more sampler track for me.