Sampler Track Crash

I have seen a few posts about this but with no real answer as they can’t send the .dmp file.

Every time I try to use the sampler track it crashes.

Steinberg are that much help this has been an issue since I got Cubase 10 and never been able to fix
Cubase 11.0.0.300 64bit 2020.11.28 10.57.05.870.dmp (847 KB)
Cubase 11.0.0.300 64bit 2020.11.28 11.26.57.981.dmp (956 KB)

Hi and welcome,

Could you be more specific, please? What exactly do you mean by “try to use Sampler Track”? Is the Sampler Track already in the project and you drag and drop a WAV file into it? Or do you create Sampler Track from MediaBay, or via Ctrl/Cmd click to an Audio Event? Or is the sample in the Sampler Track and you try to change the settings/twist the knobs? Or is the Sampler Track ready and you send some MIDI data? Or…?

Thank you.

Reported to Steinberg CAN-32660.

if I ‘create sample track’ it crashes and gives those dumps attached.

If I drop anything into the sample control, it crashes with no crash dump

I have NEVER seen the sampler track because it crashes when you try to create one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, I’m just thinking about this option… How can you ever see the Sample Controls, if Cubase always crashes, when you Add Sampler Track…?

Sample control shows up when you double click on any sound. It’s a part of the editor section.

Is there anybody that can read DMP files to let me know the problem?

Hi,

The problem is somewhere in Cubase. From my point of view, the stack_text is very generic, the real crash could be actually almost anything.

You can try Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], or you can try to reinstall Cubase (as administrator). If none of these help, you have to wait for Cubase update, I’m afraid.

As I said, I already reported it to Steinberg, they are aware of it.

How do you install ‘as administrator?’

I will try the safe mode first.

Hi,

Right-click to the installer and choose Run as Administrator, please.

Oh, I always do it that way

I am tidying up my VSTs/ I have removed the plugin info and rerunning with new scan.

See what happens

I think I have sorted it.

I think it is because I upgraded from 10.5 to 11. Cubase 10.5 was still installed and it must have been crashing it.

I uninstalled Cubase 10.5. Reinstalled 11. Deleted the plugin file lists and ran as admin.

Seems to be sorted.

I should work for Steinberg :slight_smile:

Hi,

Unfortunately you did 3 steps at once, so we don’t know what is the “fix”.

Could you try to start Cubase as non-admin. At lest this you can “take back” and we can get some useful information. Thank you.

1 Like

Here’s the solution for me at least. Hopefully helps someone, cheers guys! Cubase Crashing Video - Create Sampler Track Issue - YouTube

1 Like