I have been dreaming of a sampler track for a while. Here’s my idea:
- Start working at a regular audio track
- Cut the audio in bits like on the attached image
- Then trigger each audio-part via midi directly!
- Each audio part should be mapped automatically to notes on the keyboard like on the image attached
So magically an audiotrack could double as a sampler. It would save a whole bunch of clicks compared to dragging to a sample and make it superfast and fliexible to work with!
Turning a track into a sampler track could have some simple options:
- Monomode - trigger each part as is
- Portamento, calculate a slide/ morph from one audio bit to another. Algorythms for this is already developed in Padshop.
- Polymode - each sample would be assigned to ascending midi channel
never mind stuff like loop point etc. envelope is set pr bit of audio