Save and export a file of my key commands

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to save and export a file which contains all of my special key commands? I would also like to know how to reload these files.

The reason I want to do this is that Dorico has suddenly ceased to play and crashes when I ask it to do so a number of times. I have no idea what caused this behaviour. I have sent my files to Support at Steinberg/Yamaha Canada but they have been sent to Germany now and it’s going to take a while to diagnose and fix the problem. This leaves my Dorico program quite lacking in a certain key area…

Meanwhile, as I wait, I would like to reinstall Dorico and see if that fixes the problem. I use Stream Deck and Notation Express from NYC Music services. I have had great success with it (until Dorico stopped playing) and there is much to recommend this way of using the Dorico interface. I have a key command file they gave me which I have also since then modified just a bit. I would like to retain this modified set of key commands in a file and test that against the standard set of commands which will be implemented in the reinstalled version of Dorico. Therefore, I need to export the key commands in a file. I can’t find info on this in the Dorico help.

So how do I do this?

Cheers, Paul N

There’s a json file you can move as needed. On Mac, I think it’s in Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 2. It’ll say something like “keycommands_en.json.”

On Windows, it’s in your user folder—username—AppData—Steinberg—Dorico 2… etc. Going from memory, but I think that’s enough for you to find it.

Note: this is the file that contains your custom key commands. Don’t mess with the ones in the Dorico program folder. I did that and was sorry.

1 Like