Save Archive... | "Media Offline" on target computer

Hi @Spork ,

I’ve emailed you the zipped archive of a test file that is reproducing the same as my large project file when transfering. I hope the archive-package will help us.

OOO @Spork and @musicullum !!! carefully with the WAV files, they are (killer loud) LTC files. I’m sorry ,was just in rush and the folder was opened, so just dropped something for testing.

Felician

updated to 1.1.73,
if that helps anything: no change in media files are offline after opening Archive-package on another computer.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 8.00.45

I am having the same problem. But I don’t even get the “media offline message”. The audio files AND midi are simply not there. I worked on a macbook and tried to open the “archive” files on an imac at our rehearsal room.

see here, does that help? Note the changes made to 1.1.73.

I was wrong before: I do get the media offline message. I dowloaded the latest version today (1.1.70) and tried a new Archive. This time the Midi was there, but the audio was still “offline”. I will redo the tests tomorrow with some new projects (from cubase - vst live - to archive - to other machine).

Try the latest prerelease at vstlive.net

Hi guys! I would then kindly ask some reply from booth of u. Unfortunately I still have this issue with 1.1.73, as mentioned a few posts above :frowning:

Maybe @Spork will have time to check the Archive-package I sent via email and that will give more detail, what meight the problem be.

We did find something and are on it.

2 Likes

We found a fix for this problem. It should be available with the next pre-release scheduled for Friday. Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

Great news, thanks!

hi @musicullum ,

updated booth win and osx computers to 1.1.80. Unfortunately no change in this issue :frowning:

… the fix was added to 1.1.81,
Michael

1 Like

The fix is a bit tricky, so we dicided not to take the risk for an official release version.
As Micha pointed out, it should be available tomorrow, sorry.

1 Like

If it is not safe, maybe better to wait cross platform archive until media pool is ready? From that moment, all such problem won’t exist… just a click on search in this and that folder for any offline media. If you can tell us the workaround how to avoid offline-media-issue, maybe no need for a risky routine in code :slight_smile: (unless there is no suitable user workaround for)

Oh, and did u catch this part of my post?

It looks, 1.1.80 still not showing “Media offline” if missing file for video track (tested booth on Win11 and OSX),

It’s not that it is not safe, just not suffciently tested. Try with the next pre-release. That works fine here. No workaround needed anymore :slight_smile:

Will check, thanks.

1 Like

fixed next update

1 Like

Does the updated has an expected time to become available today?

Hi @Stefan_Gillmeister,

it’s online now. See here. sorry, that I replying that late. There is always something coming up. It’s difficult to give a time-frame.

/Michael.

1 Like

Hello guys, thanks for the quick responses and support. The issue is now partially resolved. I will try to summarise the best I can:

1- On a project created with “linked” audio files (with the “Import: copy to project folder” not selected)

the Archive function is now working, and there is no “media offline” anymore. :grinning:

However, :cry: it seems that the audio files must all have unique names. I am getting the drums from one song also being placed on another songs in the same project/setlist.

2 - On a project created WITH the “Import: copy to project folder” selected, the archive is still showing “Media Offline” when opened on a different computer. With such project, I can copy the original folder to another computer and it works.

At the moment I have 2 projects, one of each as mentioned above, for my 2 bands. I will work on creating unique names for the audio files (i.e. “drums_song_name.wav”, “bass_song_name.wav”, etc) and see if it helps.

Thanks!

Working :slight_smile:

It seems to be working now with 1.1.82. :slight_smile: