"Save As" no longer auto-saves new filename in Cubase 7.5.3

Hi all,

Question: Has Cubase 7.5.30 been designed to no-longer auto-number and write to disc or am I experiencing a problem in my installation?

What’s happening: My “Save As” function in Cubase 7.5.30 now behaves like the MS Windows “Save As”. i.e. “Save As” opens a window where I may ‘manually’ type a new file name/project name, or reuse the existing name. Previously, “Save As” would write the existing Project to it’s default folder and add an ‘autonumber’ (the next available increment between 01-99).

This is not a major problem as, it’s does offer the benefit of my using a custom number/lettering system in the Project names. I would like to know if this is a bug or a design feature in the 7.5.30 Update. Thanks in advance. :nerd:

It behaves as it always has, no change in the 7.5.30 update. Use ctrl alt s to save using the auto numbering you described.

Yes, you are right! I confused myself due to using, for over a year, my Mackie MCU-8 Control Surface [Shift]+[Save] to do this. I forgot, Steiny calls this, “Save New”. So when my MCU-8 method failed to work the other evening, I did the same 2-Key combination on my Key Board. Which gave me the, unwanted, Windows Save As. I then searched the Key Commands (for Save As of instead of Save New of course) and again saw the Shift+S. Another ‘user error’! :blush:

Thanks for the correction, and ‘re-tut’, peakae. All is well! :smiley: