Save as

I must say I’m a bit lost switching from W7 to W9.
The new interface is crowded and completely different, I found the old one much clearer, perhaps I just have to get used.

Anyway, question:
I’m trying to do a simple thing , merge two wave files into one, then save the new file as a different named file.
So I copy paste, all good,
then click save as… choose my options and when I click save I get a file that has the name of the original file I opened.
I explain it better : for example I have file A and file B. I open both, I copy paste B at the end of A and then I save as… entering a new name.
The new file created is now called A!! It’s not called as I specified in the file saving dialogue.

What am I doing wrong ?
M

I must say I’m a bit lost switching from W7 to W9.
The new interface is crowded and completely different, I found the old one much clearer

Generally people say the opposite :wink:

Just tried your sequence, with WaveLab 9.1, and things work ok, not as you observe.
Make a sequence of pictures, maybe, to see what you are really doing.

Hi,
thanks for your reply. Like I said, I have to get used probably.

For example I discovered what I did wrong, when selecting the format (I chose a standard wave file 24bits format among the preset) the file name is reset to its original!
So what I did wrong was to type in the new file name before selecting the format. When selecting format the file name resets to its original so I have to type it again. Bit counter intuitive if you ask me and defo different than W7 way of working.
I’ll get used. I still love how much faster w9 is compared to w7.

Thanks!
M