Save Automation as a "version" [Feature Request]

All of the vast improvements to automation over the past 15 years or so aside… this is probably my most-missed old feature; remember Cubase VST?

I’d love to see it return.

Chewy

on that note, How about a 64 bit Vstack for slave machines to run plug ins , I loved Vstack - anyone remember this , good ole Vstack

Confirmed. Even I by myself tend to check back an older version fro time to time, and often I like an older version much more and then I can just open the project which I saved along with the pre-export file.

But that topic is a more deeper one IMHO.

If you just go back to the old version you will loose just 3 days of work.
If you try to transfer old settings in the new project you have A LOT to do, saving zillions of presets, having to deal with the fact that you maybe have changed routing and stuff so loaded channels will not fit anymore…

Nuendo needs generally a better handling of mix-data. For example the possibility to extract settings from a closed project, closing the current one - to open the other, saving a preset, reopening the current one can use 20 min without a problem when the project is big enough. In addition you loose undo history and maybe after all you realize that you just forgot to export another track as well… That is really booring.

I am with you in general terms, my project are large, so I work in midi as long as possible ( midi is so easy to manipulate, add harmonic lines as you go and then change them or assign to other instruments because it sits better), and then record an audio pass (just before delivering the mix), iron out the audio a little more , then render stems and deliver.

Curious, what your describing, can other software DAWs do this ( better ? ) in your opinion, It doesn’t sound possible yet , Fredo has a few good ideas, but wouldn’t it be great … :bulb:

I also mix on a Fairlight. You can create as many mixes in a session as you want. Just hit the “New Mix” button and name it and you are ready for a new version. It creates a new mix from the current one you have going. Recalling mixes only takes maybe 10 seconds.
I don’t know the other DAW’s well enough to know if they have these features.
After mixing on Fairlight for so many years, I thought this would be a common automation feature.