Save/Load tracks

Is there any way to save and load a specific group of (audio in this case) tracks in C6?

I know about Save/Load Track Settings, but that simply pastes settings into one or more tracks. What I need to do is create a whole lot of new tracks into several existing projects, each with input routing, output routing, pan, track name etc.

Of course I could create a new template with the tracks already created, but I need to merge these new tracks into existing projects.

If there isn’t a way I will have to spend hours creating, routing and naming…

Ok, I found a workaround, but it’s thrown up another problem, see here

To create multiple tracks in a project, or rather load a series from another project, record a short burst of audio on all the tracks which you want to transfer from the first project.

Select all the audio parts, and Copy them using CMD/CNTRL-C

Open the new project, don’t select any of the existing audio tracks.

CMD/CNTRL-V to paste in the audio parts, and Cubase creates a new track for each, named after the audio part (which were named after the tracks in the first project)

Delete the audio.

You still have to do all the routing, and as I discovered this is more tedious than it needs to be because it appears the multiple track routing function in C6 is broken.

Still, it’s a start.

You still have to do all the routing, and as I discovered this is more tedious than it needs to be because it appears the multiple track routing function in C6 is broken

Unless I’m misunderstanding you or missing something this is pretty easy to do. (WIth one caveat)

Set up the tracks as you need them & from file menu export/save selected tracks.

In your other project from file menu import/track archive, select all tracks in the dialogue & import. This will import tracks, names, input routing. pans, levels (& audio if you want & you saved it that way…but doesn’t have to).

I think there is a problem with output routing to groups using this method…otherwise everything you mention is covered.

Thanks! I looked for Track Save, but not in Import/Export.

As you say, it doesn’t seem to save the output routing, but at least the rest is covered.

I used to work with Track Archive for transporting some tracks, between songs and different systems…

But founded a bug yesterday:
When I exported an audio track (with some different takes) from my MacPro in C6 32bits and opened it on my Win7 system, some parts are silent (missing parts)… :neutral_face:

Could someone else try this too, please?