Save option greyed out...

Hi

I’ve noticed that the ‘save’ option will grey out after working on Dorico for a while. This morning, I’ve been working on it for about 30 mins and have regularly been saving it (cmd s), but all of a sudden it just stopped working…

This has happened before and caused me to lose quite a bit of work as Dorico has crashed and therefore not saved my work when I thought it was… I’m working on a MacBook Pro laptop which is all updated. [MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.]

Dorico is also all up to date…

From my experience, the Save option is only greyed out after I have already saved and not made any changes (or when first opening a file). If it is greyed out after making changes, that is truly perplexing (and problematic, obviously)! If this is happening, I would send in the file to the team and have them take a look at it. Are you getting the system “beep” when you try to do a cmd-S? That happens to me whenever I invoke the Save if I haven’t made any changes (because there is nothing new to save). In the meantime, so as not to lose work, you could do a “Save As” and give it a new name. (Apologies if I am stating the obvious… only tying to help).

The only thing that comes to mind here is if when you say “working” you’re talking about Play mode. For some reason there’s an issue whereby the main Dorico doesn’t know if you’re working in Play mode. Is this what you’re talking about?

I use Cmd-S to save early and often in all the programs I work with regularly. Dorico is the only program that calls a system beep when I type Cmd-S and the document isn’t dirty.

I’d really appreciate it if the Dorico team could find a way just to ignore the Cmd-S if the document isn’t dirty.

**Leigh

You certainly get an audible alert (in Write mode) if there is… nothing to save; that is, no changes have been made since the last Save.

yes you do - but only in Dorico application.
It does not help to the user in any way, it is distracting (an application where you are working with your ears or inner ear…)

In our internal development builds, it is already the case that you can save even when the score is not dirty, so this won’t bother you in future.