Save to Default Library?

Ok, I made a bunch of custom expression maps in the past, and they are spread out in various different projects.
I have been doing this since day 1 of me using Dorico. It’s impossible for me to keep track of all of them.
Is there no way to save them in a place where they will all be visible right from the getgo, without having to “import” them from a file (kind of like how Dorico’s default expression maps are always visible)?

In the Dorico 4 folder found here on a Mac: Library/ApplicationSupport/Steinberg/Dorico 4 there is a folder called DefaultLibraryAdditions. If there is not one there, I think you can just create one. If you save your EM’s in that folder, they will always appear in new projects. If you update an existing EM, you will have to export it again into this folder with a new version number and delete the old one in order to stay up to date with edited EM’s that you want to subsequently use.

1 Like

I would also have a backup of this folder incase it somehow gets deleted with an upgrade. This may not happen, but it’s better to be on the safe side and EM’s can take a lot of time to create, and you don’t want to lose them.

1 Like

Thanks. Any idea what folder that is on Windows?

On Windows you’ll find it at:

C:Users\yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 4\DefaultLibraryAdditions

1 Like

It worked :sunglasses: thanks guys.