Saved Cubase Project now won't open

A saved Cubase 9.0.2 project now won’t open. I have a backup version saved under a different name which also won’t open. The song loading procedure gets to a certain point and then Cubase suddenly disappears leaving me back at the desktop. I’ve tried opening it several times to no avail and only once did it generate any crash dump files;
Cubase 9.0.20.209 64bit 2018.9.28 17.41.dmp (863 KB)
Cubase 9.0.20.209 64bit 2018.9.28 17.42.dmp (275 KB)
I’ve also tried opening the song in Cubase 9.5.3 but the same thing happens at the same point in the loading procedure.

Hi,

Please share the crash dump from Cubase 9.5.30.

Hi Martin,

The crashes that have occurred whilst trying to open the project in Cubase 9.5 have not generated a crash dump file. I just tried again several times but the Cubase screen just disappears and leaves me back at the desktop.

Hi,

Where do the dmp files you attached come from the?

Could you try to rename all your VST plug-ins folders to start Cubase without plugins? Could you try to start Cubase in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi Martin,

The dmp files come from the location that is specified in the Steinberg “A serious problem has occurred” Error message that appears on screen. It says “Please try to save your project under another name and the restart Cubase9.exe. if the problem persists please contact Steinberg Techinical Support with a description of what you do to create the problem and the created file C:\Users\User\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps\Cubase 9.0.209 64bit 2018.9.28 17.41.dmp.”

Is there any information in the dmp files I sent you that point to anything in particular?
Is there a way for Cubase users to read these dmp files ourselves when diagnosing problems?

I temporarily removed all my plugins from their folders and then the project was able to load. By then bringing the plugins back to their folders one by one and reloading the project I’ve found there are 3 plugins present in the project which need to be hidden for the project to laod.
Soundtoys EchoBoy - Soundtoys Pan Man - Soundtoys Little Plate

I have used these 3 plugins in other projects without any problems so I am confused as to why they are causing problems in this particular project.

Hi,

I haven’t resolved the dump file yet. 1st, I would prefer to get Cubase 9.0.40 file, to work with the very latest released version. And 2nd, I need a special tool to be able resolve the crash dump, which I have in the office only.

If you know, it’s one of this plug-in, try to update them. Might happen, there is a bug in a function, which is called in this project and not with the other one.

Hi,

I uninstalled all of my Soundtoys plugins and reinstalled them using the latest installers, but the problem persists. To be honest I’m reluctant to install the Cubase 9.0.40 update at the moment. I don’t want to add another variable to the situation until you’ve had a chance to look at the dmp file.