I’ve also had this happen on bad plugins, but this is not the case here though.
One thing that does look possible - you say it starts when you hit the “create initial parameters” in automation.
This could be the problem, as I believe (may be wrong) that this creates an initial state for every single automation possibility in the project!
To quote directly from another Nuendo Forum post - sorry, but I cannot remember the author (he will know who he is though, and I hope it’s okay to reprint this)
Set initial parameters will do exactly that… set a “return too” point on every automatable lane that exists in the project.
after that you can choose which types of lanes you want to view, if any, via the automation panel.
Set initial parameters working this way is important because you never know if you’ll be automating something you didn’t initially think of later down the line.
And if you use the preview function a lot like I do, it’s really handy.
If you want to do it one at a time and only the parameters you choose, in the future try this workflow…
- When your edit is complete and your ready to mix - Write enable all tracks
- set automation mode to AUTO LATCH
- click TO START and TO END
- Enable PREVIEW double click all buttons to lock mode ( so lock appears )
Now you can spend the time you need getting your mix in a good starting position with levels, eq, plug settings, verbs etc
Then when youre ready and it’s time to start making dynamic moves…
5. while playing, click PUNCH - or - while stopped click PUNCH ON PLAY and press play
Lanes will be added and All of your initial values for any parameter you touched will be recorded from start to end - but nothing extra
- you may want to switch automation modes at this point to something else… especially the start and end buttons.
Ever since I read this, I tried it & it worked well - so I copied it & saved to a file in case of future needs…
Hope it helps
I just loaded your template - very nice, BTW