Saving playing/playback techniques

There’s three windows that coordinate the architecture for playing techniques

• Engrave Playing Techniques
    Play Playback Techniques
    Play Expression Maps

I created a “Side stick” Playing technique which uses the existing “Side stick” Playback Technique, and added to the BBCSO Pro a new key switch for "side stick (G#-2, across all the unpitched drums). Works fine in the test project, but neither the new Playing Technique nor the added key switch in the map propagated to an existing project, nor to a new project.

What’s the canonical approach to coordinate across these setups, and make them available for backup and sharing with assistants?

Not sure you can propagate the new technique to an existing project, but did you make the new technique(s) defaults by clicking the star in the appropriate panel(s)? That would be required to affect new projects.

Ah thanks Derrek! I had previously wondered what exactly that did and meant to look it up, yes it’s saving now. Where are those preferences saved so I can make sure they’re backed up, revision controlled and shared?

Playback Techniques has the same deal (must save as default) if new ones are added there.

For the Expression map, to save the added keyswitch would entail what, doing a “Export Library…” and reimporting it via “Import Library …”?

You can back up all of your valuable user settings by backing up %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico 3.5 (Windows) or ~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 3.5 (macOS).