saving preset on "preset management" is missing :(

Hello

just installed Cubase 11 pro and found out that most of the plugins are missing their presets on the " preset management".
the main issue is that the drop-down menu ( preset management) is not responding when im trying to save a preset, the “save preset” option doesn’t work… :unamused:

thanks ahead,
Mickey

Hi,

Are you on Windows or Mac, please?

If you are on Windows, is Cubase installer din the C system drive, please? Did you install it as administrator, please?

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences] (or even trash all Cubase versions preferences folder temporarily, i.e. rename them), please?

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase _X__64

Doe the Load Preset function work on your side.

Hi Martin,
tnx for the reply

Yes I’m using windows

didn’t quit sure i understand what you meant here…

is Cubase installer din the C system drive, please? Did you install it as administrator, please?

-i didn’t install it as an administrator
-i trashed the preferences and disable it as well on the “safe start mod” and it still does the same problem.
-about loading, its working but without the presets
and i found out that it has the same problem with save/load track presets…

tnx

and i found out that it has the same problem with save/load track presets…

Sorry i meant “Fx save/load preset”

ok, it’s going good after restarting but most of the 3rd party plugins are missing their presets when loading on “preset management”,
any suggestions?

tnx

Hi,

Did it work before? It’s not always the case, you can see the plug-ins presets in the Cubase’s presets windows. This function has not been implemented in VST2 standard. Some plug-in manufacturers did some workarounds, but not all of them. In VST3, this is implemented, but not all plug-in manufacturers use it. In general, the plug-in has to push the presets to the host (Cubase). If it doesn’t provide the list, Cubase doesn’t know the presets.

Therefore I’m asking, if it worked in the past for the plug-ins.

hi
it worked just fine on Cubase 8 pro but no, not on 11 and i can’t see the plug-ins presets in the Cubase’s presets windows when pressing “load preset”…
It works only on safe start mode but even when i trashed the “preferences folder” it didn’t work…
so, only on safe star mode (Disable preferences)

is there any “healthy” way to come around this?

tnx

Hi,

If it worked in Safe Start Mode and it doesn’t work after trashing Cubase 11 preferences, I would expect, the error is in your older Cubase preferences. Please backup (move to Documents or somewhere else) and delete all your Cubase versions preferences folders to make sure Cubase 11 will not migrate our older (probably corrupted) preferences. Then you will get Factory Settings and hopefully it will work then.

hi
non of this is working, sorry.
iv tried all of what you suggested and now the saving option on all of the plugins/fx chaines doesn’t work…

tnx

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-32618. Thank you.

Thank you…