Saving Projects with Files/Plugins for recall

Kapverden, I just wondered how you would use this. I was surprised that the Master Section chains were not included when the ability to copy and paste chains happened between the montage effects sections, so agree that it would be nice to be able to do that to and from the Master Section, like in Reaper. But I just wonder how you would use it. Would you have the limiter in the Master Section during mastering of each clip, then import the limiter to one of the montage effects sections just to save the limiter with settings for that particular clip/track? So you could then send it back to the Master Section the next time you opened the montage?

Would having the external gear plugin, or simply hardware routing accessible in Clips and Tracks eliminate the need for that? That’s been requested and seems to me a more flexible way to do it, as in the other programs.

Hi Bob,
i don’t see the need for the external plugin to be accessible in Clips. I also cannot imagine that would be easy to implement, and it would lead to quite some confusion, at least it would confuse ME . Hah.

My reasoning is only for recall.
I use a montage w/ all unmastered tracks, i work on each track via the master section, at times using plugins pre analog, always using the limiter post analog. Sometimes also some other plugins like a Deesser or something.
I record these tracks pre Limiter, sometimes i also pre Deesser and Limiter, it depends.
Then i have a 2nd Montage with all the mastered Tracks. Currently i store all Master Sections chains to the “mastered Clips”, but have only the FX active which are not recorded yet. If i need to do a complete recall incl. the analog chain i would like to copy the whole Mastering Section preset back to the Master Section, and be able to redo everything. Sorry if all this sounds complicated, its very primitive in fact.

So basically the option to copy FX chains also from Clips and Tracks to the Master Section would be fantastic.
I use it when i work in Reaper and its actually really handy.

Thx
Kapverden