Saving rewrites cash file

Hi everyone,

last week we took the leap and switched our Nuage Stage from a MAC Trashcan to a WIN HP Z840.
Luckily we have the luxury to have one laying around for a couple of weeks until it becomes an AVID Media Composer PC.
So I thought, lets try it out and the the performance difference… and I am blasted away!! I know, the systems are noch really comparable, but no matter of project size, the MAC was hard to work with and the PC just blows it away.

But… as always we find some little things as we go.

Current issue:

When saving the project by hand (Strg+S) Nuendo rewrites the cash file and is unresponsive for that time (large project up to 10 - 15 sec). GUI freezes, but audio still plays (if safing happened during playback).
I don’t think its normal. Is anyone experiencing similar behavior?

All the best,
Hendrix97

When saving the project by hand (Strg+S) Nuendo rewrites the cash file and is unresponsive for that time (large project up to 10 - 15 sec). GUI freezes, but audio still plays (if safing happened during playback).
I don’t think its normal. Is anyone experiencing similar behavior?

Yes I had the same here on a N8 project last week. I thought actually the poblem was gone in N7. We had some discussions about long save times in earlier threads. It has allways been projects, not big on tracks, but with lots of edits. In my cases allways dialog edit projects. I remeber somebody telling about a drum edit project with 1000ens of edits.
Its the csh file, yes, but why does his size go up all of a sudden from 50 to 400 MB. It doesnt happen now, as it had also in earlier time, while auto save. That seams to be the good news. Is csh file not anymore rewritten during that?

Thanks

Oswald

actually now working a little more on the system myself during auto backup the video starts lagging until the backupfile is complete.
The cash file stays the same though during autop backup saving. That is really annoying and is a pain during mix sessions with clients.

Is there anykind of solution?

In my case the cash file is 102 MB and the backup / project file is about 21 MB.

On a Mac and having the same issue with large audiobook files especially. If I’m playing for a while and stop to edit something, it does this for 15 or 10 seconds. Very annoying and unproductive. Any fix on the horizon?